Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Project 365: Day 83 - Miniature Review - Kommander Sorscha 2010 Metal

I'm not shy about admitting this. I have a crush on Sorscha. I've always liked her looks and her fluff. I guess I like women that could kill with their looks!

Out of all the artwork out there, her Escalation rendition is my favorite:

Image owned by Privateer Press
 It was a real shame though that for the longest time, Sorscha didn't have a mini that did her any justice. Her earlier figs had a very mannish look to them and it was difficult to make her look pretty. Add that to my abysmal painting skills and, well...you get the idea.

I traded in my Khador army for cash and never regretted the decision. I do however still like the character very much. Imagine my glee when I spotted the Kommander Sorscha resculpt in the MKII Prime book.

I later found out that the model would be plastic and would be part of the new plastic battle boxes. I promised myself I'd get the box when I had money to spare just to get the new hotness.

Imagine my glee again when I found out that Privateer Press is offering the metal version as an exclusive!

Imagine my glee once more when I finally got her. Thanks SJ!

Pinned and assembled. She was simply slotted to the base as I have plans to put her on something more epic.

It really is a pretty fig. Sorscha finally has a pretty-faced figure to match her depictions and the mini itself was cast very cleanly with some very faint mold lines. Details are crisp and no warps on this fig. Assembling required pinning for both arms but shouldnt be a problem for experienced modellers. you can also opt to do the greenstuff/superglue combo.

Can't wait to paint her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment