Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Project 365: Day 33 - Food! Nasi Lemak

Just a quick post today as I have a lot of stuff to do:

Nasi Lemak's Claypot Chicken

Comparing this to adobo is like comparing apples to oranges. Totally a horse of a different color. Yes, that train of thought was odd, even for me

Nasi Lemak is located in Robinson's Galleria in one of the side alleys, east wing methinks.

Feeling adventurous again, Roxane and I decided to try out this restaurant claiming to offer "authentic" south east asian food. I've been to similar places offering, malay, thai, singaporean and indonesian food and I have been happy (101 Hawker Stall in Makati) and I've been "meh" (Orchard Road in SM Megamall) so giving this place a try seemed like a good idea.

And it is :)

I just dont know how to describe this dish. It's billed as Nasi lemak's answer to adobo so when we orderd this , Roxane and I were expecting something along the same lines.

Now this dish isnt like any adobo I've tasted. The best way I can describe Claypot Chicken is to imagine Don Henrico's Buffalo chicken wings (when they were still GOOD and not these oversized abominations they serve now). Now imagine a milder version of that, but still barbecue-y. Now imagine that in a stew. With onions, baby corn and mushrooms.

If I lost you somewhere between Buffalo wings and baby corn, I understand how you feel.

Again, my description isnt doing this dish any justice. Its an odd but good tasting dish. I was not expecting  that barbecue taste. Is it authentic? Can't say. I dont really have a good point of reference. I just know I like it!

I'm definitely coming back to try Nasi lemak's other offerings. Their Chili Crab looks awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment