Sunday, May 29, 2011

Project 365: Day 101 - CBD (Cheesesteaks, Burgers & Drinks)

The past weekend we were able to eat at CBD Ayala Triangle. The place is forthcoming with what it serves (Its in the name! yay!) and I do like me some cheesesteak :)

Philly Cheesteak sandwiches are made with green peppers, onions, beef strips in a bun covered with cheese sauce.

I've tried some local Philly cheesesteaks in Charlie's and Army/Navy and Iceberg's and so far Army/Navy seems to be the best one in terms of bang for the buck. Charlie's cheeseteaks just seem to overloaded for me and Iceberg's was nothing notable.

 The place is a bit hoity-toity for me but since its in the Ayala Triangle I guess that's to be expected. The idea of eating a blue-collar lunch in an uptight place just seemed odd to me. While going over the menu, Roxane and I decided to get an order of wings along with a sandwich to split.

The cheesesteak sandwich. And let me just say that this is just DINKY. Not a good sign to be honest. Flavor-wise its decent, the cheesesauce pretty weak almost making a non-appearance. On the upside, the onions and peppers weren't soggy and the beef was tender. But again, for the price this sandwich is TINY.
The sandwich came with shoestring potatoes. Meh. Tiny sandwich with a miserly portion of mediocre potatoes :(
The 6 piece buffalo strips were decent enough. Boneless wings in some pretty tasty sauce, we got both the mild and hot. Roxane liked these better than Chicken Bon Chon's but I disagree. We both agreed that you get better value from Charlie's
Reading everything again, I am coming off as a bit of a Charlie's fanboy. I don't mean to but they pretty much set the benchmark for burgers and wings for me so far in terms of taste and bang for the buck.

CBD offers tasty decent grub that's let down by small portions and a comparatively high price. I don't mind paying for food as long as I get value in return and CBD just isn't offering that incentive. You'll find better prices and servings elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment