Sunday, May 15, 2011

Project 365: Day 95 - Tautauhan - 1st Miniature Painters' Meet

Tautauhan - The Miniature Painters' meet was held this past Saturday, May 14, 2011.

To be honest I wasn't expecting a lot of people to show up in this event but we had a pretty good turn out. I was finally able to put faces on some of the names on MWPH and was finally able to show my admiration of their work in person.

While a little bit warm and muggy as well as a bit chaotic at the start, the folks were game enough to settle in and talk, swap stories and tips, watch some of the painting videos that Jun had with him (with Kim exclaiming at how someone could paint with a #1 to dot spacemarine eyes) and actually get some painting done.

I wish I could've taken more pics but that just wasn't possible with a lot of distractions and I was really enjoying the company of people who shared the same passion in painting little man-dollies. I know Kim has more so I'll just nab some from him when I can.

Junex and Roetengco
Jojobrets' Brettonian Lady(?) on horseback
Junex with his visors at work
A sot of the work table. Note for next event: BRING SPEAKERS
Jojobrets getting a couple of games in
checking out some man-dollies
Daidoji (Roy) painting some Blood Angels
Jojo's demon taking out some hapless Brettonians
Harold and Roy discussing stuff over siomai. You can barely see Roxane here.
I thought I broke Jojo's really pretty Skaven Bell...Thank God the thing was meant to come off
Winding down: (L-R) Jun, Jojo, Taks, Kim, Arvin and Roy
After all was said and done, the paint pots put away and the trash cleaned up, we were already talking about a second meet sometime soon.

I would like to extend heartfelt thanks to:

Sir Lito for allowing us to use the venue and actually dropping by :),

to Arvin for giving us a rundown on IPMS and for giving some of us a goal to aim for

to Kim, for being the keeper of the keys and helping us organize. Always the first one to arrive and the last one to leave.

to those who came to play: Wolf, Taks, Jake, Mark (and his patient GF?) and the dude with the Brettonians

a huge honking pile of thanks for the folks who attended: jojobrets, roetengco, Perry, secretsix, Yoko, Vic, Joshua - you guys made the day :) Thanks for sharing your time and your food with us. Next time mas organized na!

to my partners in crime in this endeavor: Junex and Daidoji. *salutes*

and to Roxane, thanks for being so patient while I spent an afternoon geeking out.

If I'm forgetting anyone here - THANK YOU!

Looking forward to the next run :D

No comments:

Post a Comment