Monday, June 20, 2011

Project 365: Day 117 - CTA 2011: vs Wolf

First game was against Wolf's Venethrax list.

Scenario: Incursion

Baldur and Venethrax playing peek-a-boo behind the boxcar
I should've known better than to bring a list I wasn't comfortable with against Wolf. His Venethrax list just had too many bodies. The Mechanitralls kept coming back on the board and the Bloodgorgers just wouldn't die. Tough rolls plus  a "no knockdown" rule made them really annoying to get rid of. And they hit relatively hard to boot.

I was going to rely on my Warpwolf Stalker to clear some of his infantry but bad rolls and placement cost me the furry. I charged and missed some Mechanithralls and since Baldur was so far away I couldn't force to buy more attacks. I lost the heavy warbeast early on and things went downhill from there.

The Mechanithralls and Bloodgorgers were mucking up my charge lanes and even after a glimmer of hope by turn 3, my own placement mistakes prevented me from going for an assassination run. I conceded the game with a surrounded Baldur.

While I didn't do too well, the Skinwalkers seemed to be doing their job well enough to convince me to try the same list against my next opponent...



No comments:

Post a Comment