Monday, June 20, 2011

Project 365: Day 118 - CTA 2011 vs SJ

My next opponent was SJ and his Calandra list.

Scenario: Capture the flag

If you look at the picture above you can already tell what the heck I've been doing wrong. I keep clogging up my own lanes and keep tripping over myself. Circle mobility was pretty much nullified here, again my a huge number of models on the table and the general lack of smart placement on my part.

There were some close moments for SJ as for a turn or two I was able to threaten Calandra. Baldur's feat also proved to stifle the Bomber. I was also able to nullify the Trollkin Longriders with well placed forests.

As the game progressed though I noticed some key things wrong with my list. While I was able to present some credible threats on my side, I found that I was not effectively removing the threats posed against me. Calandra's "reverse signs and portents" pretty much halved my chances in landing hits in and on her feat turn she was able to land some solid hits and cause me some key units. As soon as the hits landed I saw my units fall and my chances of winning drop as well.

Again, Baldur ended up surrounded and fell to a Trollkin Champ Hero.

Another loss...

No comments:

Post a Comment