Saturday, March 12, 2011

Project 365: Day 61 - Kaya Rebirth - WIP Part 2

View Part 1

Some more work with my favorite warlock.

Added some torn cork to the base and sealed it with super glue. The white stuff you see is the "crazing" or frosting effect from the glue. For this stage the frosting isn't a problem as ill be painting over it later.
One final test fit before comitting. Luckily I did this and found that the glue swelled up the cork so Kaya wouldnt fit in the holes I made earkier, Easily fixed with a few good strokes from a hobby knife. I also made sure to trim the pin at the arm to accomodate the hand and weapon.
After priming. I must note that the hand isnt glued yet. I will be painting the majority of the fig without the hand so I dont have the weapon getting in the way of my brush.



Stay tuned for Part 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment