Monday, January 3, 2011

Project 365 : Day 3 - Role Playing Games ( "I put on my robe and wizard hat...")

for lulz read this (warning. maybe NSFW)

I love Role Playing Games! And I'm not talking about Final Fantasy and stuff...they're okay but thats not really Role Playing at all. Not a lot of video games can capture the sheer freedom a good Tabletop RPG can bring (barring Fallout 3 and Oblivion and the like, but then they have their own limits).

My first serious foray with RPGs is Vampire the Masquerade.

I loved the idea of creating an arrogant prideful character being brought low by base urges, the long nights and the eternity and solitude of immortality eating away slowly at his sanity.

Yep, basically I wanted to see how *I* would be as an immortal vampire. I loved the horror aspect and the character interactions of Vampire and as much as possible, me and the rest of the gang decided to downplay the angst angle of the whole deal.

Sadly enough the group kinda dissolved for several reasons that most RPG groups break apart.

After a while, Twilight reared its perfectly groomed sparkly head and I was glad I was going to avoid a bunch of lame "this is the skin of a killer" jokes. And glitter. Glad I avoided that.

This is how Twilight shouldve been:



But after a while i found myself itching to play an RPG again. Tried to start my own group but that quickly fell apart. Maybe later on ill find a group and be willing to put the time in.

who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment