Saturday, January 8, 2011

Project 365: Day 8 - Food! Salcedo Weekend Market

Pulled a 10+ hour graveyard training shift that ended this morning. I also had some trouble filing some admin stuff that i ended up having to send an email for. It definitely wasn't one of my better days.

Sleepy, tired and pretty much annoyed youd think I'd just head home and rest like any other sane person.

Nope.

I had to meet my girlfriend for brunch at Salcedo Park :D Nothing like good company and good food to turn a day around!

Me and Roxane
The destination: Salcedo Weekend Market! Where weekend cooks and merchants dish out their best

The grub! Wagyu Cheesesteak Sandwich. Pretty pricey (Php 230 for one fricking sandwich!) so me and Roxane split one. I gotta say, its a good sandwich. Fried wagyu beef with cheese melting in a good quality bun. I got the gristley beef strips but it was so soft you'd barely even notice.
The grub part 2. Chicken Samosas! Best samosa I've had so far. The light crust was a pleasant surprise and the generous chunks of chicken in a mild curry was very good.
Random cute kid of the day hamming it up.
The grub part 3. Chicken ala king in light pastry shells at Php 35 a pop. Kanin na lang kulang! Well priced and more importantly very tasty! Definitely coming back for this one.
The grub, dessert edition. Pistachio Baklava! This was a knockout winner for Roxane :)

No comments:

Post a Comment