Monday, January 31, 2011

Project 365: Day 31 - A Retrospective and Throwing a Light into the Future

I really need to shorten my titles.

This is my 31st post on Project 365. I'm ending a month. I've actually had enough of an attention span to actually get something done for more than a week straight.

Now I will be the first to admit that I didnt have a perfect posting record for this month (check title, check date, for those who werent paying attention) due to some circumstances, some avoidable and some not. But regardless, I was able to stick to this blog for the first month without my attention flagging.

This blog, which started as a way to keep me motivated on my hobby-related stuff turned out into a hobby of its own. This blog has actually started eating into my my hobby time! Didn't see that one coming. Insert witty comment here, tack snide remark there.

Looking back at January I was able to cover some of the stuff I like doing. I've posted about games and local gaming events, I've gone out to eat at places I've never been to. I've posted some old "work in progress" stuff. I've gotten some positive and constructive feedback from the folks who've read up on the blog. Even with the amateurishness of this blog, I honestly believe I'm on to something worthwhile :) This blog has sparked a renewed vigor in the stuff that I already do, and is also inspiring me to get more experiences out there.

So what's in store for February?  Here are some of the things I have in mind for the month and beyond:

- FOOD! Roxane and I have been talking about trying out some places to eat in Binondo. I will definitely try to schedule a Binondo romp within the month :D budget permitting.

- Painting Miniatures! I recently got myself a Druid Wilder as a new addition to my army. I plan on posting a progress report on this mini as well as other pieces from my backlog  :)

- Gaming! With an upcoming Warmachine/ Hordes League and freer weekends I plan to give more detailed Battle and Event Reports in the future. I also plan on helping Kim with the WMH Philippines Club in any way I can.

- Terrain! I've always talked about contributing terrain pieces to Fortress. This would be a good time to cross that off my to-do list.

- Doodles! I want to draw more and I'll be posting more doodles and artwork in the future

I've got one month down and I have 11 more to go and a lot of stuff to get done :)

Right! lets do this :D

No comments:

Post a Comment