Thursday, January 6, 2011

Project 365: Day 6 - Miniatures - Assembling Mulg

I guess this should've come before the priming article but I misplaced the charger to my camera and I'm forced to work with whatever pictures I have.

Any other blogger would've just said "awww screw it" and blog another day but noooo...not this one. I am fearless! I am unstoppable!

An unstoppable blogger wouldnt have misplaced his charger in the first place. Luckily I do have pics of when I assembled Mulg! This isnt going to be a full fledged tutorial but I thought it would be good to let ya know what you might be getting into if you get him.

Mulg is a character beast from Privateer Press' Hordes line. He belongs to the Trollbloods faction and when I say that this thing is a beast I'm not kidding. For a currently all metal line of minis this guy has one of the most impressive feel and heft to him. He's a good chunk of metal right there and knowing that, he can be a pain to assemble.

Initial cleaning and prepping. Filing and washing off of mold release happens here
I score the areas where pieces meet with an Xacto knife. This serves to help the glue and greenstuff cling better
I always have some water handy when working with greenstuff. I often mix the putty and keep them in water until im ready to use them
Applying the putty
After joining the two torso pieces I trim off the excess green stuff
The inside of Mulg's hollow torso. I used more greenstuff to reinforce the join
Pinning! Ill probably do a pinning article later.
Mulg's arms were really heavy so instead of one big pin that may break and pivot later i used 3 smaller pins in a triangle formation for a stronger join. Lining it up wasn't as hard as i thought it would be.
There was a big gap in his left shoulder that needed filling

The beast unleashed (or at least partially assembled)





No comments:

Post a Comment