Sunday, January 9, 2011

Project 365: Day 9 - Miniatures - Assembling Megalith Part 1

I still cant find the charger for the digicam :|

Luckily I was able to find some old pics from way back when I initially wanted to start this blog.

Megalith is part of Privateer Press's Hordes line and belongs to the Circle of Orboros faction. It's a unique character beast and a very cool one basing it on the fluff and the illustration.
 
Megalith, Kaya and Laris. Andrea Uderzo is a god!

The figure itself, however ...was a bit "meh"

Hooray!!
While the sculptor was able to to translate from image to mini beautifully, the pose itself left a lot to be desired. The pose didn't convery "hulking rock with regenerative abilities" very well at all.

The thing is the sculpt was halfway there and his stats meant that he would be something i would like to field on the table from time to time. I had to do something about that pose.

The Plan:

After the standard cleaning and filing , which I had to do very little of for this figure, I dryfitted the parts to see where everything went and set about my plan. The arms had to be reposed for sure, which had its set of problems since I had to trim pieces off and resculpt some areas. I also needed to do something about this:


if you notice on the official illustration for megalith, he was a hunk of stone with some tree branches growing from his back. The part that he came with can be charitably called twig :P. I needed to build and sculpt something a lot more fitting for Megsy.

While I was doing this I noticed I used the word "sculpt" about twice now. By that time I new I was in for a bit of trouble as I have very little skill and experience working with greenstuff.

Click here for part 2: Bases and assembly!

No comments:

Post a Comment