Saturday, January 29, 2011

Project 365: Day 28 - Friday Night at the Bunker - WM/H Tournament

Surprisingly I was able to wake up and make it to the Friday Tournament at the Bunker.

This is the second Warmachine/Hordes event held at Oberon's Bunker at E.Rodriguez and there was a good turnout of players :) some folks were late and had to take a bye but we had enough warm bodies to start.

We shared the space with the Warhammer crowd and the place was really lively. The games went underway and while unfortunately I wasnt able to get a lot of pics as I was playing, I'm proud to say I made a good showing in the tournament itself.

Before the start of the tourney, we were kidding around and Wolf predicted SJ would win using his Magic 8 ball app in his iPhone.
I first went up against resident Pressganger Dan. Glad to see him participating in games again :)
Circle Orboros vs Legion of Everwhite...err Everblight.
The power failed for a few minutes during our match and we went on regardless. Dan would declare that he "rolled sixes" in the darkness.
Second match was with Jeff  and his eHaley army.
He was playing fully painted with a very pretty Cygnar army
Jockeying for position. The swampgobbers earned their keep here as they kept the Defender from being effective.
The game ended with a knockdowned eHaley within Kromac's threat range.

I went up against SJ in the finals. Trolls vs Circle. I regret not being able to take pics for this last part but im sure Kim has some. It was a laugh-a-minute game as SJ knew I had to leave for work after the tourney so he was "stalling". The game with SJ was odd as we both knew that it would come down to killpoints at the very end. I was able to kill his Axer for 6 points but Refuge on Mulg denied me a big meaty target to kill. Dice-down was declared and SJ's last roll killed a Feral for 9 points.

SJ won the tourney just like Wolf's iPhone Magic 8 ball predicted.

Who wouldve thought?

Anyway the day was fun with good folks and good games and not a lot of stress, just as a night of gaming should be. I'd like to thank Kim for being the Tournament Officer and Oberon for letting us use the venue and setting up the tourney date. Oberon even sprung for food and drinks for everyone, WM/H and Warhammer player alike.

To cap it off here are some of the other pics i managed to take:

Arvin Tan. I was anticipating that he would join and I actually meta'd to account for his armor heavy Butcher list. He didnt make it on time. lol
Dan and Pat Palma
Wolf and Scrivener facing off
Wolf's LOE facing a wave of angry Menites. Dice down was called and Wolf was down to his caster Absylonia, with all beasts biting the dust.


New guy with a Skorne army. Haven't played against him before.
New guy's Skorne vs SJ's trolls.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post, man! I linked this post to an entry on the WMH Philippines blog. I added Dick as an author for the blog. If you'd like to post opn it, let me know.

    ReplyDelete